Sublease AgreementA Sublease Agreement allows you, as a tenant to sublease your residential property to a subtenant.
This Sublease Agreement is for the subleasing of a residential property by an original tenant to another party. If you are subleasing a property, it is important to clearly state the terms of that sublease as these are not covered under the Residential Tenancies Act. It is a requirement that your Landlord approves of this sublease. This Sublease Agreement clearly documents the obligations of both the tenant and the subtenant during the sublease period.
Use this Sublease Agreement if:
- You are a tenant (as stated on the original lease) and are subleasing the rental property to another party.
What does the Sublease Agreement cover?
- Sublease term;
- Terms for the sub-lessee to pay the rent;
- Security deposit;
- Landlord's consent;
- Incorporation of master lease; and
- Subleasing and assignment.
Other names for Sublease Agreement include:
- Sublease Contract;
- Sublease Agreement Form; and
- Subletting Contract.